Single stream recycling has arrived in The City of Spokane and Spokane County!
For more information:
- If you are a resident of the City of Spokane and currently have curbside recycling, click here.
- If you are a resident of Spokane County and are currently a Waste Management, Inc. customer with curbside recycling, click here.
- If you are a resident of Spokane County and are currently a Sunshine Disposal & Recycling customer with curbside recycling, click here.
- If you’re a resident of Spokane County and don't have curbside recycling, all materials that are acceptable in the new single stream program can also be taken to any of the Spokane Regional Solid Waste System recycling centers. Materials must be sorted.
- You can also call the Recycling Hot Line - 625-6800
Many of the recyclables in the MSW rate, as defined by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), are the ones that most of us think about ---- metal, glass, paper fiber and plastics. However, there are other materials that can be recycled: Many construction and demolition materials can be recycled or reused.
- Motor oil and antifreeze collected at System Hazardous Waste sites are recycled.
- White goods/large appliances are required to cross the scales at the regular solid waste rate because they need special handling. The appliances are recycled as scrap metal after the refrigerant is recovered and other hazardous components (mercury switches, capacitors with PCBs) are removed by trained staff.
- Clean yard debris includes leaves, grass, clippings, bark, weeds, twigs, pine needles, pine cones, limbs not more than 6' long and 3" in diameter, and sod not more than 3" thick.