E-cycling is the reuse and recycling of electronic products. Unwanted electronic equipment is one of the fastest growing segments of the solid waste stream, and can contain materials that are harmful to our environment. Fortunately, many of these items, such as computers, TVs, VCRs, stereos, copiers, fax machines, and cell phones, can be reused or recycled.
Washington has a free, convenient and environmentally responsible recycling program for many of these items. Visit E-Cycle Washington or call 1-800-RECYCLE (732-9253) to find e-cycling opportunities near you. Below are partial lists of Spokane County locations that can take your unwanted electronics.
Computers and Peripherals:
- Cartriddge World (Spokane): (509) 927-1077, (509) 465-8900, or (509) 489-3000
- Earthworks Recycling (Spokane): (509) 534-1638 www.earthworksrecycling.com
- Inland ReTech (Spokane): (509) 326-1165 www.inlandretech.com
- Kershaw’s Inc. (Spokane): (509) 456-6500
- MCPC (Spokane): (509) 624-9101
- Office Depot (Spokane): (509) 536-7600
- Staples (Spokane): (509) 328-6495, (509) 466-8989, or (509) 927-8291
Always call first to verify items accepted and whether there is a fee.
Most major cell phone retailers will take any used cell phone, whether or not it came from them and whether or not you buy a new one from them.Remember to cancel your cell phone service and delete any stored information before recycling or donating the phone.
The following companies accept cell phones. Always call first.
Consider donating your old cell phones to:
- Hope Line: Drop boxes at all Verizon stores and Spokane Teachers Credit Union branches.
- Spokane County Domestic Violence Consortium: (509) 835-4500
- Spokane Neighborhood Action Programs (SNAP): (509) 456-7111, Ext. 242
- YWCA Alternatives to Domestic Violence: (509) 326-1190